Opportunities for Artists
The Art of the Gift 2021
November 18 – December 31
Yep! It’s on. We’re welcoming masked guest into our well-ventilated space to discover new work by some of our favorite artists. Each year we transform the 1800 sq. ft. East Oregonian Gallery into a showcase for fine craft from across the Northwest, with a special emphasis on OREGON and NW artists. “The Art of the Gift Invitational” exhibit attracts people who appreciate finding fine crafts for the home, table and personal adornment that make great gifts. Shoppers will find everything from stickers and notecards to furniture and housewares. Jewelry is a crowd favorite. Skip down to “How it works” to get the scoop.
Pendleton Foundation Trust Fine Craft Gallery
In our Pendleton Foundation Trust Fine Craft Gallery, we offer distinctive work all year long.
How it all works:
We invite a select number of artists to sell work here at PCA, but we are happy to jury proposals that we receive unsolicited as well. Proposals for the Art of the Gift exhibit should be received between September 1 and October 31, 2021.
We’re always looking for a good mix of items under $200 (although we do take a few things in the $200 – $500 range), with most items in the $35 – $75 range. We look for an interesting mix of fun/funky and more formal works. Our clientele here in Pendleton isn’t what many people expect – they are well-traveled and appreciate contemporary style, superior craftsmanship and good selection. Outsider works are encouraged, and we are available to help with package/tag design for some artists.
- The Art of the Gift exhibit runs from November 18 through December 31.
- Artists may be juried in to the Pendleton Foundation Trust Fine Craft Gallery anytime throughout the year.
- All items must be available for sale.
- All items are insured by PCA while here.
- PCA takes a 30% commission on sold works.
- Shipping to and from PCA may be covered by a grant we received this year. Check with us when you apply.
- Art of the Gift items should arrive at the PCA by November 12, but we can accept new items anytime through Dec. 1.
- Artist checks are processed on the 15th of the month and mailed a day or so later.
If you haven’t received an invitation, you can still apply to participate. To have work considered for the Fine Craft Gallery or The Art of the Gift, please email 6-8 jpegs or a link to a website where your work can be viewed. Please include prices (retail) and contact information.