Submit a cover letter and resume in person or by mail to 214 North Main Street, Pendleton, OR 97801. Accepting applications until December 8.
Hourly Wage: $15-18 starting, depending on qualifications. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
The Bookkeeper works under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close cooperation with the Development Director, Coordinator of Education and Outreach and other staff.
Successful applicants will have:
- Excellent organizational skills in records management and be focused and reliable
- General bookkeeping skills and a working knowledge of QuickBooks;
- Accurate typing and word processing skills;
- Able to take direction and complete assignments with little supervision after initial assignment defined;
- Ability to manage time efficiently with attention to detail;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat, QuickBooks and the Internet as well as a willingness and ability to learn new computer software quickly;
- An understanding of non-profit organization record-keeping;
- Ability to lift 20 Lbs or more and work in bottom drawers without assistance;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
- Accounts receivable functions, including payment processing, preparing deposits, and invoicing
- Accounts payable functions, including invoice processing and vendor relations
- Perform month-end bank reconciliations
- Maintain personnel files, including 1-9s, W-2s, and salary and benefit records
- Process monthly payroll, including all necessary federal and state tax filings for employees, independent contractors, and artist vendors
- Oversee Pendleton Foundation Trust Fine Craft Gallery Point of Sale system and gallery inventory
- Coordinate with outside bookkeeping consultant
- File quarterly and yearly nonprofit reports
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
The Arts Council of Pendleton is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that operates the Pendleton Center for the Arts. We provide opportunities for creative expression and community connection through experiences, education and advocacy in the arts.