ALWAYS Free Admission
Hours: Tues - Fri 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Arts Council of Pendleton is provides opportunities for creative expression and community connection through experiences, education and advocacy in the arts.
Job Description - Coordinator of Education & Outreach
Salary: $2400 per month. This is an exempt, full-time position.
Benefits: Vacation time after one year, vacation days for major holidays, employee discounts on purchases, access to art studios for personal projects, health insurance provided with a $150 per month employee contribution.
Scheduling: While schedule can be flexible, this position requires work on some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
The Coordinator of Education & Outreach works under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close cooperation with the Education Assistants, Interns and Volunteers to:
· Develop a schedule of classes, workshops and special events that will occur both in-house and in a variety of off-site venues for youth, teens and adults. Identify barriers to participation in education activities and design programming that works to overcome barriers faced by special needs groups and tailor offerings to those audiences.
· Procure class materials and supplies in consultation with the instructors and within budget constraints.
· Prepare and manage a budget for education programming and special projects such as camps and off-site events
· Recruit highly qualified instructors. Provide feedback and professional development assistance based on classroom observations and student evaluations
· Ensure that best practices are followed for screening instructors, interns and volunteers to work with minors.
· Maintain a database of mailing and email addresses for potential students and instructors.
· Work with the Executive Director to implement targeted marketing campaigns via press releases, social media, email, direct phone marketing and presentations to school and community groups. Maintain education and outreach website pages.
· Design and implement a quarterly Class Schedule mailer in collaboration with the Executive Director.
· Coordinate and promote fieldtrip opportunities and ArtZOOM sessions in partnership with regional schoolteachers, home school associations and other place-bound audiences.
· Plan speaking engagements and tabling opportunities to connect with community members and promote the Arts Center’s education and outreach programs.
· Serve as the staff advisor for the Art Rocks Teens (A.R.T.) Teen Advisory Board.
· Supervise and develop roles for interns and volunteers in the education program.
· Prepare reports for the Arts Council Board of Directors monthly meetings that include information on the education and outreach activities.
· Oversee the maintenance of art studio spaces and equipment in collaboration with the Executive Director.
· Other duties as assigned.
Are you passionate about helping people discover ways to express their creative spirit? Have good writing skills? Enjoy working with teens?
Mail, email (director at pendletonarts dot org) or hand-deliver a cover letter that illustrates your writing skills, along with a resume that includes at least two references. Pendleton Center for the Arts, 214 North Main Street, Pendleton, OR 97801. Applications accepted through 4 pm, August 18, 2017. Address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to give you a tour of the facility by appointment.